Friday, November 10, 2006

It worked!

Yes, I definitely have a blog! With my techno-wrecking capabilities, I can never be sure anything will work, but it's there all right.
A place to write daily, I am told, to help mould me into a real, proper writer. I'm all for that.
The week goes by quickly, I find, when three days are spent at college. Somehow the four days at home go by even quicker, leaving lots of things I'd meant to do, undone. Like tackling the last third of Mr Campbell and his hero. I sense a lot of antipathy towards Joseph Campbell amongst my classmates. He is certainly the champion of the convoluted sentence and the multi-syllabic word.
Unfortunately the book doesn't convey what an amazing man he was. I remember stumbling across him on television years ago, being interviewed by a fellow American, and although I didn't understand what he was talking about, I simply couldn't turn it off. It was utterly compelling. I am hoping that the book is penetrating at some level too, far beneath the day-to-day conscious level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home