Monday, March 12, 2007

Poor blog

I've been catching up with other people's blogs over the weekend. I missed the IT session to set up blogs, not having even joined the course at that point, and so I was completely unaware of the fashion to give one's blog an ironic or punning name, Ms Ann Thrope and Miss-cellany being two examples. By contrast, mine sounds pathetically old-fashioned - the blog at the party without the trendy clothes.

I've become aware recently that I do tend to always go for the nearest-the-bone, most minimal solution in all things. My wardrobe rarely gets beyond what most people would consider 'basics', and the house probably looks barely lived-in to those who love their 'stuff'. I can't help preferring the minimal option. It's not even a conscious choice, just a need to cut out anything extraneous, but I'm beginning to think it comes across in some ways as horribly literal and utilitarian.

I may prefer the asceticism of white paint and plenty of bare space, but I need a few flourishes as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home