Friday, March 30, 2007

Keep your mouth shut and save the world

So,yes. I'm doing a lot of writing. I've done a press release about Andy's hypnotherapy which has got the go-ahead from Nick and Toni -it's about dealing with Toni's public speaking nerves and Nick has been very helpful in advising me how to write it.

Not long, for a start, two hundred words is ample, he says. So I had to halve it. Not that that was difficult - I like cutting things out, a most liberating experience, I always find it. And chastening too, to realise just how few words are needed to communicate. And we all use so many. I wonder if all those useless, superficial words are contributing to global warming? How fantastic to be able to ask people to shut up to save the icefloes.

I've also been revising a couple of features about Cornish businesses. So with all that and the other deadlines floating around in my head, from time to time my brain just seems to switch off. I hope that accounts for the memory lapses anyway. It's either that or my fortysomething hormones getting the better of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home