Thursday, April 12, 2007

Knitter of Nightmares, more like

OK, so who was the joker who christened it Dreamweaver? Some dysfunctional computer geek with an unhealthy penchant for machines over people, I'll bet. I've just discovered that I can't make a lot of the changes I thought I could make with Contribute because they are 'part of the design'. It makes me want to spit. Dreamweaver indeed, Knitter of Nightmares, more like.

Actually I was physically sick. I thought at first it was the crushing IT disappointment, but it became rapidly apparent that the symptoms were alarmingly real. A touch of the stomach bug currently doing the rounds, presumably. Anyway, it sent me crawling to bed clutching a bucket and pinned me there for the rest of the day.

Until Life on Mars. How fantastic has that series been? I loved it. I even wrote it in my diary the last two Tuesdays so there was no danger of doublebooking and missing it. I dragged myself and the bucket downstairs for the final installment. And was so engrossed I forgot to feel sick. Marvellous - Gene Hunt heals. Or as he would say 'Oh shut up, Dorothy.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home