Sunday, April 22, 2007

Rouge Noir

At last I've done it. The weather's been warm and sunny for days now and I've started wearing sandals, but what with deadlines and lack of energy due to the ferocious stomach bug, I've only just got round to applying the obligatory coat of Rouge Noir.

I've been addicted to the stuff for years and nothing else will do. I've tried buying other shades of nail polish but always end up giving them away to friends. And there are absolutely no substitutes. You've just got to buy the real stuff. It might seem expensive but it lasts for years. (Someone told me once to keep it in the fridge, and certainly it's still useable several years later. Even better possibly, as it's now a bit gloopy so you only need one coat).

So now at long last my feet are respectable. I defuzzed my toes, of coures, before baring them - it was that or be mistaken for the missing link. But bare toe nails just look wrong. They remind me of a friend of my mother's who wore flat leather sandals when I was growing up in the 60's. In those days before Birkenstocks became fashionable, only children and 'weird' people wore flat sandals. I realise now that the woman in question had bigger problems than her choice of footwear. Then I just knew there was something strange about her and that I didn't want to be like that. So now that I spend all summer in Birkenstocks, I make sure I have Morello cherry toes, so looking at my feet doesn't remind me of that disturbing presence. Odd how such trivial things can have such a profound effect.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacqui said...

I'm so glad to have found your blog. I know people did give me their addresses, but I lost them.
I used to have to find a dark green nail varnish, just for my toenails, as I felt undressed without it. This was in the days before it was fashionable to wear green, blue, yellow, etc nail varnish, and it was very difficult to get hold of. Now it's fashionable, and I can get hold of it easily, as much as I love the colour, I don't bother with painting my nails anymore. I think I've just lost the inclination to keep re- applying it all the time. However after reading your posting, I may treat myself, there are some funky colours out there.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home