Saturday, November 25, 2006

Plymouth

I felt like a change of scene today, so we decided to go to Plymouth, check out the new shopping centre and keep out of the rain. Our visit did not start well when we discovered the Park & Ride does not operate on Saturdays. We found a car park but had no money for the pay & display machine so drove out again. We finally found a newsagent where I bought a paper and got enough change for a parking meter.

I hardly know Plymouth at all, apart from passing through on the train and driving past en route to the rest of Devon. My last visit to the centre was about 20 years ago. So I think it's fortunate that the new shopping centre has been built as the rest of the city (apart from the Hoe) still has a rather depressing feel. It is a city on the up, I'm told, and it certainly seems that is the only way to go. We will probably return on a warmer day when we're less likely to get drenched, and explore the Hoe and Barbican.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home