Monday, November 27, 2006

Just another manic Monday

It's been a busy day today, but I've achieved a lot, probably all I wanted to. I've finished the story for Derrek, which is my own version of Bobby and Janey in Bruce Springsteen's 'Spare Parts'. I wonder if anyone will notice? In my version, Janey has a termination so there's no dodgy business down at the riverside. Wouldn't be such a good song though!

I've also finished the piece of dialogue for Bill. As usual I am wondering how bad it is. Oblique and indirect dialogue is much harder to write than a keen reader would ever imagine. In fact, there's so much more to this novel business altogether. Maybe I am destined to always stay on the reading side of the fence.

I have written some stuff for my website and sent it to my college e-mail account, ready to move to My Docs before our session tomorrow afternoon. I'm not really very happy with it, but no doubt things will become clearer with time. I like the Simon Crompton website Christina showed us last week and it is very basic, straightforward and professional. I need to get some more photos as the only one I have is a bit too holiday snap-ish.

As well as all this I have been down to Lloyds to pay in an essential cheque and pay off my credit card balance, which was my deposit for the course. The payment was well-timed and I've had a month's credit. Also been to wonderful Asda to stock up on food for the week. The air machine there is still out of order almost 2 weeks after my last skirmish, when it took the air out of my tyres! So called in at Tesco to check the pressure.

Andy and I have discussed his new cards and advertising prior to him seeing the designer tomorrow, so now just a pile of ironing remains - but maybe it can wait till tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home