Sunday, November 26, 2006

Time to catch up

Andy wanted to go surfing today as it's good for the first time in ages, so I have stayed at home and done some college work, some business admin and some personal finance stuff.

I think I may have cracked Derrek's piece for this week, after much racking of brains - it seems so simple until you actually try and fit a story into the structure! I just hope he doesn't ask for another next week. I don't think I'm cut out for this fiction stuff! I always thought I had a vivid imagination but now I'm not so sure.

The next task is to write some dialogue for Bill, dialogue which is oblique and indirect and moves the narrative along. Seems pretty straightforward when we're watching 'Steptoe and Son' but at present my brain is a void.

I'm starting to get a bit restless. I checked my diary and discovered it's a month since we were up in Bath, so the timing is spot-on as usual. That is partly why I suggested a visit to Plymouth yesterday, but let's face it, Plymouth isn't anyone's first choice for a shot of urban buzz.

I feel much less isolated living here than I did in Newlyn, and of course the course helps in that I am mixing with intelligent people and stretching my grey matter. I was curious when I started the course as to whether the intellectual stimulation would be the answer and stop my craving for a bit more life, but it appears not. I do think it helps though. I wonder whether the tutors who have moved to Cornwall from London feel like this at all, or whether they had had enough of it and were just glad to escape. I haven't really found anyone else with my escapist tendencies. I must ask around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home