Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday thoughts

So the dialogue piece wasn't very good, but at least nobody else's was either! I should have written a longer dialogue and not opted for the bits of overheard conversation. Next task is an essay called 'Metamorphosis' which we are going to read next week with no names attached, to see if we can guess the author!

Tomorrow is December 1 - how did that happen? I suppose I'd better accept Christmas is approaching and start thinking about present-buying and the rest of it. Not a happy thought. I'm really tired with the normal Christmas stuff. Just a break from work, with lovely food and a few small presents, to be spent with my most-loved is my ideal. Which of course is exactly what we will do, but the retail razzmatazz is so depressing. Those specially packaged 'gifts' are just offensive - completely useless items you don't want and which your friends and family don't want either, but which are designed to be bought because you feel you should give them something. Yuck.

I was considering the send-a-goat thing this year instead of sending business Christmas cards, but now the charities are falling out over whether it's a good idea or not. How I am supposed to know if they don't? I just like the idea of someone with nothing benefitting from the out-of-control consumerism of this time of year. Maybe I should stick with a British charity. It gets harder and harder to make decisions these days, so many environmental considerations. This is getting negative so I'm going to stop now and do some ironing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home