Sunday, January 14, 2007

Lemon meringue in Padstein

I've just realised I haven't updated this since Thursday! I've been so set on getting my assessment work done and so eager to leave the computer when I've had enough, that I've wandered off and forgotten the poor old blog!

I've had enough of work tonight as well, so I'd rather concentrate on what's been happening away from the keyboard. Last night some friends took us along to their gym for a workout. I haven't been in a gym for ages and wasn't really looking forward to it, but it was surprisingly enjoyable. Just about the only downside of this course is that I spend so much time sitting on my backside. I need to get moving again.

Which I did today by going up to Padstow and walking out towards Wadebridge on the Camel Trail. I did spoil things rather though by sharing a pasty and lemon meringue pie from Rick Stein's patisserie with Andy. Great pasty and excellent lemon meringue. And very cost-effective, the only cheap way of eating anything by Mr Stein. And the sun shone! Which was wonderful after all the rain - it felt like a special treat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home