Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, surprise, surprise, I didn't get round to doing my blog on New Year's Eve! Actually, I've never been a huge fan of New Year. Although of course it is the start of another year (I'm quick on the uptake, me) it has never really felt like that to me. Being in full-time education from the age of four till twenty-one meant that my new year always started in the autumn, with the new academic year, and January was just the theoretical new start.

I've never been keen on New Year's resolutions either. I can't remember actually making any, apart from a few years ago when we lived in Newlyn and my resolution was to become a member of the Garrack Hotel leisure club so I could use their pool. And I really kept to that - I used to swim a couple of times a week until we moved.

I heard about Lakeside Country Club when we moved here, but never got round to going to see their pool because a friend put me off. He takes wedding photos and had been there to do some. He said it was a collection of garden sheds occupied by oiks in football shirts and white trainers. So I never bothered. But now some other friends have joined the gym there and they say it's great. So soon I'll go along as a guest and try the pool. When I've bought a new cossie - the old one has been stretched beyond endurance and appears to be disintegrating. I'd like to blame the chlorine but I know it's my bulges that have done for it really. Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home