Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Blog off!

I keep getting this New Blogger thingy brandished in my face every time I come to the site - and I don't want it! I just get used to the system and they want me to change again. Why can't it stay the same? Seems perfectly fine to me. That's the trouble with these IT people, they have to keep fiddling about with things, just because they can, no thought for us poor users who like our little routines. There is one thing though - why is the time haywire so that when I do a blog in the evening, it tells me it's 4pm? Most disconcerting.

Well, that's my grumpy old woman moment over with - for the next half hour or so, anyway. What shall I write about today? I know, I saw a quote the other day I really liked. It was by Elvis. He apparently said something like 'Talent is being able to sell what you are feeling.' I really like that, it's absolutely right, and very appropriate for us writer types. It was in a tiny book of quotes by and about Elvis and was the only reading material I was able to get my hands on in Pinky Murphy's, the cafe in Fowey we like. Their coffee cake is amazing, it actually tastes of coffee, which is very unusual, and I've tried plenty. A bit on the pricey side at £2.95 a slice, but we shared, being fat after Christmas anyway. I wonder if the MA powers-that-be would let me do a book about coffee shops for my MA?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home